Today I learned seven mostly unrelated things:
1. Nine-hour shifts at a retail job suck, especially if said shift occurs the day before a core compliance check.
2. The CD/DVD drive in my laptop rips extremely slow. I hooked up my external USB CD drive that I acquired from eBay during my netbook days, and it ripped CDs way faster than the built-in drive. Weird…
3. I learned how to edit my wireless router settings. I know, this probably seems like a ridiculously easy task for most people, but I never really considered editing them until today. Now my router “broadcasts” its SSID as: Opie WiFi- Get Your Own Internet. I also changed the router from being WEP-secured (which is easily hacked, according to Wikipedia) to WPA. I also set the router to broadcast its WiFi signal at full power instead of at the stock 25% power level. (Why are router’s set to a low power transmission level at the factory?)
4. Microwaved mac & cheese meals do not contain enough calories to adequately feed a male adolescent over a period of six hours. I was so hungry that my shoes were looking pretty appetizing at the end of my shift.
5. I feel out-of-shape. I need to run and lift weights again. I want to enter my senior year ripped (haha).
6. I’m never going to buy something that drains my bank account for two weeks again. I need to manage my finances better.
7. I really need a haircut.
So that’s what I learned today. Next week looks like it will be jam-packed with work– my manager told me that I’ll be getting close to 40 hours next week! As much as I’m going to hate working that much, I need the cash. I’m taking four or five days in two weeks, so all those hours will make up for the time I’ll miss when I’m on vacation.
On a happier note, I have Saturday off! Yay! 🙂 This will be my first Saturday off in a long time. I won’t be able to do much though because I don’t have any cash (haha… I really love my laptop though). Maybe Dad and I will go ride our dirtbikes for the day… I might go paintballing too, since I have paint and CO2 stocked up. Hmm… We shall have to wait and see what happens.
I’m going to go to sleep now, so I’ll end it here. Thanks again for reading, and keep checkin’ back daily for more fresh dope. Word.
P.S. Yeah, I just used the word “dope” in a blog post.
Yeah, I know it was stupid.
Yeah, I don’t care.
P.S.S. Interesting posts soon. I confirmed that my podcasting mic (Blue Snowball) is Windows 7-compatible, so look for podcasts soon. They’re coming…
P.S.S.S. Random music suggestion: check out “Connection” by Elastica. I think it sounds pretty good…. what do you think? Comment it up, foo.